Friday, October 23, 2009

A Few Pictures

Jon and I are shocked at how quickly she is growing and developing.

Smiles, giggles and sometime cackles are coming quite often these days. She has started to grab at and pick things up. Her taggie, bunny and bear lovie are her favorite toys so far. Usually they go in her mouth, a constant and overflowing fountain of drool.

We are sleeping sooo much more. PRAISE THE LORD! It seemed as though this time would never come, now it all seems like a sweet memory. She has completely dropped her nighttime feedings but we still have to get up multiple times a night to put her pacifier back in her mouth. We are awakened in the morning by sweet coos and excited shrieks.

I am coming to terms with the fact that she is not an award winning napper. a 45 min nap a few times a day is about all we get.

I am so proud of her. We are so encouraged and excited by her new tricks but it also breaks our hearts to see how quickly she is changing. Everyone has been so right about that already.

I find it so beautiful that I am already looking back on those incredibly hard first weeks(that I thought would never end) with fond memories and a little aching in my heart.








Our house was freezing last weekend. We out Claire in a warm bundle.
It reminded us of when she was a tiny baby.



SMILING!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. I almost cried at how sweet and precious your words are (the pictures at the bottom stopped the tears) Thank you for the update, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, new pictures!!! i can't wait to see her again in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a big girl!!!! she is so stinkin' adorable!!! i cannot wait to meet her in january!!!

    ReplyDelete